The “The Rocky Horror Implant Show”: Cone Beam Technology for Implants
Dale A. Miles BA, DDS, MS, FRCD(C)
Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
::Schedule Dr Miles for this talk by using the Question Board contact form::
Dentists and dental specialists use x-ray imaging every day to assist their clinical treatment planning for implant placement. Cone Beam imaging helps dental specialists assess pre-surgical implant sites more rapidly and place their implants more precisely. The data from these scans can also be used to create surgical guides to simplify the surgical procedure and reduce the clinician’s risk of damage to an anatomic structure.
Cases will be presented illustrating the power of this imaging and demonstrate failures when Cone Beam Imaging was not used. Simple software applications to quickly plan sites will be demonstrated.
Objectives: this program will enable the dentist to:
- Understand the principles of CBCT
- Visualize more precisely selected pre-surgical implant sites
- Understand the role CBCT can play your dental practice
- Observe demonstrations of powerful 3D software
- Understand the potential liability of using cone beam scans